Topics

The Power of the Cross: 98th Edition, September 22, 2019

To find freedom from the chains of sin, from the demands of our flesh, from the powerful dominion of Satan, we must get to the cross and stay there. Here is a wonderful article written by Pastor David Mathis on this subject: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/get-to-the-cross-and-never-leave

Wende writes, "I took the Setting Captives Free Weight Loss course to maintain my weight loss, which I did. But the most significant thing I experienced was growth in my relationship with Christ.

I can see that I am less defensive, consciously denying my flesh more, and experiencing much more peace in my life. Especially peace with food. One morning I was astounded to notice at 10 am that I hadn't eaten and had not even thought about food at all.

I recommend this course so much that I got the Leader's guide and started leading a small group.”

----------

Have you considered starting a Setting Captives Free weight loss course for your friends, neighbors or brothers and sisters at church? We have books and leader guides ready for you, which you can see here.

----------

Michael writes, "The biggest change that has happened since starting the Setting Captives Free Purity Boot Camp course is that I am now able to war against my flesh. I can now say "No" to my body when it wants to sin, and I can resist and prevent sinful thought strongholds from lodging in my mind because I am now walking by the Spirit.

I've joined the purity ministry at my church and have been more open about purity than ever before.

There is an old hymn that says, "There's a fountain free,' tis for you and me: Let us haste, O haste to its brink;' Tis the fount of love from the source above, And He bids us all freely drink...There's a rock that's cleft, and no soul is left, That may not its pure waters share;' Tis for you and me, and its stream I see: Let us hasten joyfully there."

Brothers and sisters, there's a fountain free, free for us to come to, drink, and find life and satisfaction for our souls. Jesus is the water that flows out of this fountain, and He offers us all a chance to be free and to truly live. There is a way out! There can be an end! Come to Christ, let Him transform your heart and mind, and set you free from impurity.”

Laura writes, "A lot of changes have taken place in my heart while taking the A United Front course. Almost nothing has changed in my situation, but I'm in a much better state of mind. I feel like my focus has been taken off of my circumstances, and put onto Jesus. My expectations of my husband have drastically decreased as I've looked to Jesus to meet my needs.  Being reminded regularly of who Jesus is, and what He did for me has transformed my mind and thinking. Fear doesn't have a hold on me because I know that in Jesus, I have nothing to fear. He's always faithful and true."

Giles writes, "I am almost 60 and TV has been a part of my life since I was a little boy. It became my comforter and escape. When I came to Christ, I initially separated from it mainly because it was not accessible where I was living. But it slowly crept back into my life, and I used it as a substitute for relationships and avoiding God.

Television is the one idol or "high place" that has remained in my life all these years. I see a way out now, and by His grace, I'm taking it. Setting Captives Free's Media Addiction course has been the tool God is using. Thank You!”

Is there someone you could forward this email to, that might need gospel encouragement in their lives? Anyone can subscribe to this weekly newsletter by sending a blank email to main+subscribe@SettingCaptivesFree.groups.io and then responding back to the email.