Topics

The Power of the Cross: 78th Edition, May 5, 2019

Before the teaching and testimonies today, do you know that Setting Captives Free has a social media presence? We share and discuss many things on social media, and would love to have you like, follow and especially share. Setting Captives Free does no advertising whatsoever, so sharing our posts is a way that you can help spread the message of the cross. Here are some links that you can like and some closed groups you can join:

Setting Captives Free main Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/scfggm/
Setting Captives Free Twitter page: https://twitter.com/captive_setfree
Setting Captives Free Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/setting_captives_free/

Setting Captives Free Podcast (new podcast every Wednesday morning): https://settingcaptivesfree.com/podcast

----------

Teaching for this week: The Veil is Removed!

Friend, are you aware that when Jesus died on the cross, the veil separating the Holy Place and Most Holy Place was torn in two? This means that, if you are a believer, you have access to God because when Jesus died on the cross He removed both your sins and the veil that prevented your access. "And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. 51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split” (Matthew 27:50-51). Jesus opened a “new and living way” (Hebrews 10:20) for us to come to God, through His suffering and death, not our law-keeping and performance.

So spend a moment just now looking at the cross, will you? See Jesus dying on the cross, and as you do, see your own sins being torn in two, your guilt and condemnation dying with Jesus, and the barrier that keeps you away from God being removed.

But further yet, are you aware that when you turn to the Lord, the veil is removed from YOU? "Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away” (2 Corinthians 3:15-16). This means that the veil that keeps you from seeing Jesus has been removed and by faith you can see Him in His Word, rather than merely reading the Old Testament as laws, history, poetry and prophecy.

Not only is your sin and guilt removed, but your veil is removed! You can see the cross clearly and can look into the face of Jesus by faith! This is how to experience freedom from sinful bondage! While the world and the devil tell us “once an addict always an addict” and want us to find our identity in our sin, we know that freedom is the direct result of seeing the cross and believing its powerful message, as doing so brings the work of the Spirit of God to us as we believe. "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Corinthians 3:17).

And finally, not only do we find freedom through seeing the cross and believing, we also experience transformation: "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit” (2 Corinthians 3:18).

Here is a short teaching on this subject from Tricia Gunn, as she teaches ladies about their reconciliation to the Father through the death of the Son, the removal of their sin and their veil at the cross: https://vimeo.com/299703831

Next, here are this week’s testimonies. I often wonder, how many lives will these freed captives touch through newfound love of the gospel of Jesus Christ? We often pray for God to reach “just one more heart”, but we know that when one heart is reached, many more are effected:

David writes, "Since taking the Setting Captives Free Purity Boot Camp course, I have grown as a person and as a follower of Christ. I am so inspired and upbeat to hear the Word of God every day, to know more, to do more good, and to grow.
I have learned the beautiful and game-changing principle of washing at the cross. Sin tries to tell me that I am unsaveable, but Jesus says otherwise. Jesus tells me through the cross that the price has been paid now and forever, and He calls me to follow Him.
God has given me a battle plan to win the war against my flesh. His plan is for me to wash at the cross and walk in His Spirit away from self-gratification.

I shall keep going forward for God is with me leading me to Home. Now through the power of the cross, I am prepared for my battle more efficiently and wisely. The Lord has already overcome the world and has given me the greatest weapon of all - the cross - to overcome my flesh, the devil, and the world. I am learning to put the passions of my flesh to death for this is how Christ WON over Satan, through His death and Resurrection. Praise God."

Kevin writes, "I've been a warrior of God. I've been going to the cross whenever I've been tempted. The Setting Captives Free Purity Bootcamp course is perfect and is the only thing that has gotten me away from pornography in all these years. Thank you and praise be to God."

Elena writes: A United Front course: "An encounter with Jesus changes our lives!"

For two years, I suffered enormously. Under the weight of my husband's sin. Suffering from shame, anger, anger, fear, evil thoughts.
Eight years of my marriage, which I lived happily, were over. With one hit. I questioned everything. My marriage. Me. God.
I came to a point where I thought I can not live like this anymore ...
Something had to change.
I have to get up and do something.
I heard about a book (I was one of many) from a concerned wife. I ordered it immediately.
And when it was there, I read it one evening.
Suddenly, all my pain could be put into words! The woman described everything that had bothered me so much for two years.
And it was so relieving. I did not feel so alone anymore.
I also read a recommendation about this Setting Captives Free online seminar.
I had nothing to lose and I really wanted to change something about my situation. So I started.
And honestly, I expected something different. And thank goodness, it was different than expected!
First of all, God spoke to me personally. Every lesson met exactly where I needed healing!
Jesus Christ freed me from everything that oppressed and disturbed me.
God diverted my eyes from ME, away from my pain, away from my right, away from all the bad things that kept me busy.
Guided my look to HIM.
Towards the cross! Where he has changed and accomplished everything! On the cross, I found everything I longed for. On the cross, I found healing, forgiveness, liberation.
Jesus Christ makes the difference!
He has, in the first place, personally changed me!
So that I can be a light and a blessing for my husband!
Everything is different, different than previously expected!
My husband is still not free.
But through the change in my life, through this course, we and our marriage are on the right track!
Jesus is on my side and nothing can wrest us from His hand!
New every day, I can refuel to Jesus and Him! He is the source of my life. He is the source of my power for everyday life. He is the source of my love for my husband.
I have a future with my husband.
I have hope for a good future!
Jesus makes the difference!" (translated from German)