Topics

The Power of the Cross: 76th Edition, May 21, 2019

Welcome to the new subscribers just joining us. We publish once per week on Sunday. The newsletter shares short gospel writings and testimonies from Setting Captives Free students. We hope you will find the newsletter helpful and encouraging.

I want to thank each one of you who completed our survey and gave feedback; this coming Friday our board members will meet together, and we will review each suggestion made, all of them, and will prayerfully consider each one. If you haven’t taken the survey yet, or if you’ve thought of something else you wanted to add, here is the link again: https://forms.gle/3BLUmNbp9zp6KT129

----------

This week, we have two testimonies to share with you: one from purity and the other from weight loss.

Purity: Here is Adam’s testimony: https://vimeo.com/325428590

Weight Loss: Here is Teresa’s testimony:

Teresa writes, "Since taking the Setting Captives Free Weight Loss course, the most significant change for me has been my closer walk with Jesus and understanding of His Word especially since I did this course over the 40 days leading up to Easter. My focus has been on the suffering Servant. I have come to a better comprehension of the Father’s love and what it means to be led by the Spirit...led to the cross.

On a physical note, I have lost about 7 pounds, but as I transition into this new focus, I am confident more will come off as food has lost its grip on me. It no longer consumes my every thought. I feel the freedom of not having restrictions but listening to what my body (which a God made) tells me and not let my carnal mind dictate otherwise. Times when I have slipped up (which have not been as often as when following a diet), I do not feel the shame or guilt and decide to “quit.” I know Jesus is there helping me, picking me up just as Simon of Cyrene helped Him carry His cross.

I definitely recommend this course. It is the road to freedom. I used to call myself a “foodie” along with my sisters and think that was a good thing...a connoisseur of food. In fact, it was just an addiction like any other, an idol replacing Jesus. My focus was messed up. I loved the created things (food in particular) more than the Creator. I ran to it (food) in good times and bad. It was my friend that stuck closer than a brother.
This course calls it like it is - sin. Through this course, the Holy Spirit reveals so much truth to your heart and mind, all while you sense the love, grace, and mercy of Jesus and the Father.
It would be great doing it in a small group study as well!"