Topics

The Power of the Cross: 65th Edition, February 3, 2019

Welcome to the new subscribers just joining our newsletter. We publish once per week on Sunday. The newsletter shares testimonies from Setting Captives Free students. We hope you will find the newsletter helpful and encouraging.

The first testimony below is from our weight loss course, the second is from the purity course:

Keyanna writes, "I have a closer relationship with my loving Father who promised to reveal the truth of His gospel. I never fully understood the gospel until I took the Setting Captives Free Weight Loss course.

I sleep well since these lessons. My countenance is bright and clear. I have shed some weight, and it is noticeable.

I am living and walking in God's grace and growing more and more every day. I no longer feel condemnation like I did before this course. I am spiritually stronger, discerning, and wiser. I have learned to pray and seek God's answers in his word.

I am so grateful for this course and for my mama in Christ who loved me enough to engage in it consistently with me."

Jeffrey writes, "My parents took me to church from a young age and I felt God was at  work in my life from a young age. It wasn’t long into my young life that I was drawn to pretty women. Then I discovered pleasing my self and shortly thereafter pornography. Pornography enslaved me for about 16 years until I realized I could not break free on my own. One night after drinking heavily and viewing porngraphy I had enough. I stumbled upon setting captives free and enrolled in v1. I felt Jesus at work in my life and saw that i needed a savior. I remained close to Christ for the next 4-5 years but I slowly began to teeter with inappropriate news stories and YouTube. I knew I needed Christ to wash me clean and remove this sin from my life so I enrolled into setting captives free v2. I am free from the drive to look at inappropriate images. I am still tempted by women but I ask Christ immediately to step into my life and help me and He does! I am a sinner saved by God’s grace. I am reporting for duty to serve Christ!"