Topics

The Power of the Cross: 30th Edition, April 15, 2018

Welcome to the new subscribers just joining our newsletter. We publish once per week on Sunday. The newsletter alternates a short gospel teaching on one week with testimonies from Setting Captives Free students on the following week. We hope you will find the newsletter helpful and encouraging.

This week we have a testimony coming from the weight loss course:

Linda shares: "In my mind I see a time-line of my life of eating. ... I see the cross growing through out this time-line as I begin to grasp, and fully understand it’s meaning and power.

Today the cross is looming much larger than previous seasons in my life; as I now realize that what my heart truly craves is Jesus. I will never be fully satisfied, or my craving satiated, with out stopping at the cross of Christ.

As I stop and reflect on the cross, I realize that it is here that I have gained my freedom to say “No!” to the lust of my flesh, and it is here that I have resurrection power to rise, and step away from the table of over eating.

It is at the cross that I desire for my cravings to be filled with all things Jesus, and not some momentary taste that flees away, and afterwards lashes out at me with guilt - the moment I give in to its lure.

It is Jesus who truly satisfies and is life-giving. And in knowing this truth, I run to the cross and cling; for Christ is my true salvation for eternity; but also, from all things that pull-at-me, and cry out for me to taste them; but as soon as I do, the pleasure turns to guilt and condemnation.

It is in the cross of Christ that I find His eyes of love upon me. And it is at the foot of the cross that I receive grace when I feel as though I have messed up and returned to my old sin patterns. It is at the foot of the cross that I receive Holy Spirit Power and desire to say no to the sin of gluttony. It is here I am transformed and given a new mind and a new heart. It is at the foot of the cross that I find Jesus and realize that He is all I need."

/Users/home/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1717784441