Topics

The Power of the Cross: 21st Edition, February 11, 2018

Welcome to the new subscribers just joining our newsletter. We publish once per week on Sunday. The newsletter alternates a short gospel teaching on one week with testimonies from Setting Captives Free students on the following week. We hope you will find the newsletter helpful and encouraging.

Note: we are having our second online, interactive Praise the Lamb event this coming Tuesday, February 13th, at 6:00 PM Pacific Time (9:00 PM Eastern time). Come and join in with reading, praise, prayer, teaching, all focused on “the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). It will be done online through Zoom, simply go to this link a few minutes before 6:00 PM Pacific time: https://zoom.us/j/370418907.

For this week’s teaching, I want to ask you a question, and then share something powerful with you. The question is: in your struggle with habitual sin, what is the single greatest need that you have in order to be free from it? The Scriptures would tell us the answer to that question is “a heart change”, for out of the heart come all the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23). If our heart is changed we simply don’t want to do what we’ve been doing and God works in us to make changes that set us free.

This heart change comes through hearing, believing and applying the gospel of Jesus Christ, and in no other way.

And with the heart change comes the most exquisite intimacy with God in the Person of Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Yes, the heart change brings such love and oneness with Jesus that it can hardly be described.

If you are interested in this kind of heart change and intimacy with God, I invite you to listen to one of the most powerful sermons I’ve ever heard. It’s from one of our board members here at Setting Captives Free, Erick Hurt. You can find the sermon here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.gospelpaths.com/tenants/1/audio/Saved-For-Intimacy-Erick.mp3.

As you listen to this sermon, and experience the blessing of gospel preaching, please consider who else might be blessed to hear it as well, and consider sending them the link as well.

/Users/home/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_989064690