Topics

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all of us at Setting Captives Free to you and your family.

This time of the year it is common to be reminded about “the reason for the season” meaning Jesus’ birth. But it’s very important to know that Jesus’ birth was for the purpose of Jesus’ perfect life lived in the place of all believers, and culminated in Jesus’ death on the cross as our Substitute. The importance of the birth of Jesus was to provide a body for Him to die in:

Hebrews 10:4-5 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me..."

Jesus' sacrifice and offering God did desire, so a body was prepared for Him so that He might die in our place. And in that one death He paid for and forgave all your sins, reconciled you to God the Father, rescued you from Satan’s kingdom, ransomed you from hell and the grave, fulfilled all the Law for you, removed the curse of sin, broke the power of sin and set all captives free!

We pray that this year you would remember Jesus, born to die that you may live.

Here are two wonderful Christmas gifts for you this year:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We will be back with regular newsletters in 2019.